Dickerson 8' 8 weight

The exchange of tapers forum is for classic and personally developed tapers. The definition of classic tapers are those tapers that were developed by rodmakers that are no longer alive. Please understand that rod makers who have developed their tapers, and are active in the community, should not have their tapers cloned, or shared, without their permission, please refrain for asking for those tapers as it infringes on the maker.

Moderator: pvansch1

mrampant
Master Guide

Dickerson 8' 8 weight

Post by mrampant »

Has anyone got any numbers for a 8 weight 8 foot Dickerson? I thought that he made a 8016 Special that was regarded as being an 8 weight.
I may be mistaken (not unusual) but I haven't found it in the usual place that I have.
If anyone can enlighten me or offer the numbers for a rod I would appreciate it.
Cheers,
Mark
He who shall not be able to make a trout fly, after studying these diagrams and directions, must be deficient either in brains or in manual dexterity. : Edward Fitzgibbon 1853

moregrayling
Master Guide

Re: Dickerson 8' 8 weight

Post by moregrayling »

deleted
Last edited by moregrayling on 12/17/23 05:31, edited 1 time in total.

Recidivist13
Guide

Post by Recidivist13 »

8015 guide special is what I’m building as an 8 wt atm in 3 pce format

mrampant
Master Guide

Post by mrampant »

cheers for that. I would be interested to know how it performs as a 3piece.
Let me know how it is.
Cheers,
Mark
He who shall not be able to make a trout fly, after studying these diagrams and directions, must be deficient either in brains or in manual dexterity. : Edward Fitzgibbon 1853

Recidivist13
Guide

Post by Recidivist13 »

Are you going to the gathering this year Mark? Trevor might have his with him. Mine won’t be finished by then I don’t think as I want to try hollowing mine.

mrampant
Master Guide

Post by mrampant »

I'll be heading from Perth tomorrow to Melbourne and being in either Tas or Melbourne until mid-March. I'll be heading back after the gathering, then I have a trip up to Exmouth and travelling through to the Gibb River Rd; if it is open by then. Back to Perth by August.
I would be interested to tryout Trevor's rod if he brings it with him.
Cheers,
Mark

mrampant
Master Guide

Post by mrampant »

Moregrayling,
I would be interested on the numbers you have, you can PM them to me if you wish.
Cheers,
Mark

Recidivist13
Guide

Post by Recidivist13 »

I pulled my numbers from The Lovely Reed and Boris put them through Hexrods to make into a 3 pce

Return to “Taper Exchange”