Hardy Rod

This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. If there is a makers name, list that in the subject line. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. Adding photographs is always helpful!

Moderator: TheMontyMan

Booman2
Bamboo Fanatic

Hardy Rod

Post by Booman2 »

I recently located a nice 8'6" Hardy rod, serial number 98xx, and inscribed "Jon Tarantino." I know that Jon (World Casting Champion) designed tapers and worked on ferrules from his operation in San Francisco, but this is the first bamboo rod like this that I have seen. The blank is fairly dark in color and wrapped maroon. Does anyone here have any history and can estimate ti's value? Thanks

Webfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Hardy Rod

Post by Webfly »

You really need some photos and the Appraisal section would be a better spot for this inquiry.

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, The Lost World of Mr. Hardy: see 1:40....... The JET rod made by Fisher........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5eHqPcvl9s

Jay Edwards

16pmd
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 16pmd »

Long ago I saw one Tarantino bamboo Hardy. As I recall, it was a fairly fast taper. I don't think there were many of them. No idea as to value. Jim Adams might know.

Return to “Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods”