Yellowstone Wardens

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

mlarocco
Master Guide

Yellowstone Wardens

Post by mlarocco »

I just noticed today that Animal Planet is running a reality TV series called Yellowstone Wardens. Looks to be camera crews following game wardens around the state of Montana. Looks like the state is divided into regions with a camera crew per region.

redietz
Master Guide

Re: Yellowstone Wardens

Post by redietz »

I just ran across it today as well. It appears to be similar to North Woods Law and Lone Star Law.

jim royston
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jim royston »

I suspect that there is something in it for the wardens, for their agency, for the state. But to create an entertainment show, with AR15s at the ready everywhere you look etc. etc. (forget about the BS that people are innocent until proven guilty) leaves me cold. I don't wish them, or their counterparts, well. I look forward to the day when "reality" shows are passe

mlarocco
Master Guide

Post by mlarocco »

One of the episodes I watched the wardens mention a 2012 date. The APL program info says its a first airing. Might be a rerun or it was held back for legal reasons.

I( like it because I see film footage of the entire state. I have visited Montana a couple of times, much of the state I haven't seen.

It must be dangerous confronting people in the back country. The show gives the perception that the law is monitoring the resources and if you break the law you will get caught. Might deter some people.

I live in Washington which is very understaffed for Fish and Wildlife enforcement. Oregon, while a much smaller state population wise appears to be much better staffed.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”