Scammers

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

oldatheart
Guide

Scammers

Post by oldatheart »

Hey y'all,

After posting a "wanting to buy" thread on the classifieds, I've gotten two separate private messages from two different users and both of them seem to be scammers. Neither have any posts/history on the forum, and they're both asking my to email them separately for an "affordable rod," even though I didn't really ask for a rod, just a few tip sections. Has anyone experienced this before? May happen all the time, just wanted to be sure.

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Scammers

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

Yes, and indeed sounds like scammers. Mods, I thought that new rule prohibited them from sending PMs until they had 10 posts?

kevinhaney1
Master Guide

Post by kevinhaney1 »

Yeah, I got two from people with zero posts. I guess the 10 post limit thing is not working.
Kevin Haney, Vintage Anglers
http://www.vintageanglers.com

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

If you get PM's like that, please report them so we can deal with them. Harshly.

Mark

oldatheart
Guide

Post by oldatheart »

Will do! I got two of them.

Return to “Technical Support”