Bob Roland has passed away.

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Bob Roland has passed away.

Post by Short Tip »

Fellow members, I bring the sad news that Bob Roland, aka "Reels4me" here on the CFRF, passed away in his sleep late last month. I only just learned this from a mutual friend. He had experienced a period of poor health. Bob was a long time tackle collector and an avid picker who would pop up at every auction, estate sale and firehouse tackle show in the mid-Atlantic area. He had a keen eye and a nose for finding stuff. Bob was a gentle soul who will be missed by all who knew him.

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Bob Roland has passed away.

Post by jeffkn1 »

How old was Bob?
I believe it was Bob who sold me a 7 1/2' Wheeler fly rod through ebay, maybe 15 years back. I kept him on my watch list from then on. It was clear that he got around a bit. Good pickers are missed when they leave us.

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

jeffkn1 wrote:
04/24/23 08:32
How old was Bob?
I believe it was Bob who sold me a 7 1/2' Wheeler fly rod through ebay, maybe 15 years back. I kept him on my watch list from then on. It was clear that he got around a bit. Good pickers are missed when they leave us.
Jeff, he was around 60, a few years younger than me. Too young. He had trouble affording adequate health care.

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jeffkn1 »

R.I.P.
My mentor died of cancer at 59. That's too young.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

I didn’t know the guy but that’s too young.

Kenneth
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Kenneth »

Very sad news.

RIP, Bob, and deepest condolences to his loved ones.

Kenneth

Return to “Forum Announcements”