Gierach's "All the Time in the World."

An area where you can discuss books about angling, classic tackle, angling literature, your favorite authors, old and new, and any upcoming books you see of interest and of course all the classics as well.

Moderator: Whitefish Press

liketofish
Guide

Re: Gierach's "All the Time in the World."

Post by liketofish »

Gierach yes, Arnold Gingrich also. Everybody on this forum would love The Well-Tempered Angler. You're welcome! Happy to turn you on to it!

GRASSNGLASS
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GRASSNGLASS »

If you like Gingrich don't forget The Joys of Trout.

tiptop
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by tiptop »

"When you are done reading the story I was left with the feeling that McGaune was simply looking for an excuse to tell people about an extremely big fish he caught. I don't get that feeling from most of JG's short stories."

This brings to mind one of my favorite JG quotes that reveals his true character:

"Maybe your stature as a fly fisherman isn't determined by how big a trout you can catch, but by how small a trout you can catch without being disappointed, and, of course, without losing the faith that there's a bigger one in there."

davemaine
Guide

Post by davemaine »

I know quite a few writers--all good, some damn good. None of them make a living solely from book sales.

If Mr. Gierach has made a living mainly by writing about fly fishing, more power to him!

Return to “Book Talk”