Run off in full swing

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

RSW
Sport

Run off in full swing

Post by RSW »

Rivers and streams are cranking here on the front range. Not really fun to fish my favorite spots on the St Vrain and the Big T right now. Spending my time tying flies and filling my fly boxes this weekend.
Randy

Mead, CO.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Run off in full swing

Post by Hellmtflies »

Same here in Mt. This is the time of year when I get all my housework done and get the lawn up to speed. Oh yea, I get a few rounds of golf in as well. :)

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

Ditto. Truckee at 10x the flow last year. We are still skiing for another couple months. I could catch some fish with big flashy streamers but would rather load up the fly box for the great fishing to come in July & August.

John

checch
Guide

Post by checch »

Boys, how is the middle of September looking? I'll be traveling north from SLC to Whitefish Lake in MT. Cheers,Chet

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Flashy streamers in off colored water.

DireWolf53
Master Guide

Post by DireWolf53 »

Run off? Did someone say run off? Here in the Golden State we are experiencing a once in a generation (?) scouring of our rivers and streams. I'm sure in the long run it will be good for riparian health but in the short term who knows. We'll begin to get that answer some time around July or August...
"I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout." - Paul O'Neil

Bloodhound
Guide

Post by Bloodhound »

I am headed to the Western Slope for the long wekend, near the Rio Grande...but if I get to fish it will be on the lakes in the area. The river is brown and rolling.

Be safe and have a great weekend.

DrLogik
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by DrLogik »

We have a tropical storm that's stalled off the NC/SC coast that's dropped a steady on/off drizzle for 3 days now (and in the mountains). Rainfall has been normal so far this year so fishing in the Smokies should be really good this summer.

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

Run off has officially started winding down in the Eastern Sierra. Rivers are turning green and the fish are on the feed.

RSW
Sport

Post by RSW »

Fished the Big Thompson early Sunday morning. Flow down slightly. Managed to land a nice brown on my 4wt before the crowd of fishermen showed up. Fished down the canyon after that and by afternoon the flows were cranking up. Called it a day midafternoon.
Randy

Mead, CO.

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

Very nice fish Randy for the Big T! I spent a lot of time on that Big T, now Im on the other Big T (Truckee).

It’s about to be lights out here. One or two more weeks. Hope same for you.

Big T J (John)

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”