Question for moderators mods

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Question for moderators mods

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

First, thank you for working for free to keep this forum civil and a safe place for us.

If a new forum member needs 10 posts to PM, why can someone who joined today post a for sale in the classified section as their first post? They won't be able to respond to someone who sees a potential good buy. Do mods manually have to look at every post?

Could they break other forum rules and place 10 classified ads in the wee hours of the night, thus exposing someone who responds with I'll buy It! Before a mod has a chance to delete their posts?

Cheers,
Joe

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Question for moderators mods

Post by bassman »

Not sure who posted but for right now the 10 post PM rule is not in effect. Titelines is the man for our computer changes and the system is not compatible with making this mod. If the 10 post was in effect it would not be a problem for someone to join and post in Classified but he would have to state his email for response. Right now that's not needed but myself I would be leery of anyone first timer posting in Classified especially if it's a high ticket item. A big sob store about husband dying and leaving an unfished Payne for her to sell could be created by anyone.

Return to “Technical Support”