***_BambooBash24 Central_*** April 25 - 27

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

chestatee
Master Guide

Re: ***_BambooBash24 Central_*** April 25 - 27

Post by chestatee »

Great news Ralph. Can't wait to see you and Basye. Safe travels and enjoy the ponds!
Doug

RymanType
Guide

Post by RymanType »

Great news Ralph, glad to hear you are making such good progress. Enjoy your time on the water this weekend, imagine the service in Sewanee will be beautiful

chestatee
Master Guide

Post by chestatee »

Agreed Barndon. Happy Easter to all.

canerodscom
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by canerodscom »

Good news Ralph. Though I won’t be at the Bash I’m glad to see you will!

Harry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyrod
Guide

Post by flyrod »

Keep up the great recovery Ralph, will see you in a few short weeks at the Bash. And Happy Easter to you and all on the Forum!

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by munsey w »

Wonderful news Ralph!! We will celebrate your recovery in a few weeks. See everyone soon.

halh68
Guide

Post by halh68 »

Great news! It wouldn't be a bash without you Ralph! See you soon Sir!

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

Hi Fellas !
We're about four weeks out on BASH24 and the count down here in Traverse City has commenced !
Please note: this year's BASH is a week later than our history of late.
This year's April 25, 26 & 27th dates (the fourth week of April rather than the third ...)
will find (fingers crossed) less scheduled CofC events in Townsend,
and maybe a few more seats in the restaurants !

Ralph's comment about lodging is SPOT ON : at this writing there no rooms open at Docks.
Booked full, by 90%+ Bashers I'm told. There are a dozen or so other local inns
in Townsend, plus several campgrounds and mountain cabins available. A well recommended
'Docks alternative' is the Riverstone Inn just down the road. Many of us will end up there for breakfast anyway.
There may be likely will be cancellations at Docks over the next few weeks; keep up an open request with Karen at Docks.

And please keep the BASH's Great Smoky Tackle Swap in your plans. Bring your quality, under-used, rarely seen
and time-it-moved-on tackle for trade or sale. The BASH has been a goldmine site for some good deals in recent years !
I have some nice landing nets I'm bringing from Michigan. And (sob) my good Bauer tarpon reel . . . time to move !
What are YOU gonna bring ??

paul
traverse city mi

flyrod
Guide

Post by flyrod »

HUGE thanks Paul for all your hard work making the Bash such a GREAT event!!! Counting the days :D

trevor smart

Post by trevor smart »

This will be my first BASH. Is this something I need to sign up for, or just show up and enjoy? I’m local, living in Knoxville, so don’t need lodging. Look forward to meeting others and getting to cast a variety of rods!

Trevor

chestatee
Master Guide

Post by chestatee »

Just show up Trevor. We'll be at Metcalf Bottoms Thursday from 11:30 until 3-3:30pm for plenty of tackle swapping, cool drinks and a great meal. From there we'll setup on the back lawn at Dock's Hotel until sunset. Friday there will be folks on the lawn all day. Saturday morning folks will be out casting until the presentation/lecture and then again until Sunset Saturday. Welcome!

Doug

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

What a good BASH itinerary description Doug !
Glad to hear of your interest Trevor. The BASH has always been a free event, open and welcome to all.
This is not a Makers Meet-up (although makers DO attend), nor a vendor/sales event (although some vendors will be in attendance) or a conference lodge retreat.
The BASH started some twenty-odd years ago as an excuse for a long spring weekend in the Smokies
and a time to chat, share info & experience, maybe swap/sell some tackle and tell stories.
Still is, maybe with a few more guys (and more girls every year!).

The only BASH-related charges that have come up in the last couple years is a request for a $10 donation
to offset the expenses of the STELLAR Grill-out menu custom prepared for us by the reliable team of
the ‘R&R Deli’ (Rich & Ray). This year it gonna be an encore of last year’s Scrumptious Smoked Pork Shoulder
with all the sides included ! If you have a prideful side dish or desert proper for a spring picnic, please bring
it along. (My personal favorite of these is Vern’s fresh salmon Gravlax, which is in the running for the
best thing I’ve ever put in my mouth! :P ). The donation will cover most all the meal and event expenses,
and will ensure that the BASH will be around NEXT year ! Cheap! Quite reasonable I’d say!

And speaking of the Grill-out, the R&R Deli cooking team needs a Head Count to figure the grocery list.
Over the years, this has been an awkward question to pose on the Forum, so this time we’ll try this way:
If your party has MORE THAN ONE member, please reply in this thread with that number. But ONLY if y’all
will be attending with more than one person. That should help with getting a reasonable count without clogging up the thread.

Less than a month out ! See you at Docks !
Paul
Traverse City MI

jvh
Master Guide

Post by jvh »

I'm glad y'all like the gravlax but there won't be any this year sorry to say.

Ok April fools. If course I bring the gravlax. Looking forward to seeing everybody.
Vern

kentuckyjim
Guide

Post by kentuckyjim »

Looks like I will miss this years bash. I will really miss seeing everyone. Some unforeseen health issues requiring immediate attention have
Surfaced. I expect to see everyone again next year.
Some good news for those looking for accommodations I will be cancelling my two rooms at Docks on the River. I’ll be thinking of you!
Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jvh
Master Guide

Post by jvh »

Jim, sorry you won't be able to make it. Will miss casting your rods. Take care, hope everything works out.
Vern

flyrod
Guide

Post by flyrod »

Hi Jim,

The Bash won't be the same without you, Susan, and Scott there! Please take care and our thoughts and prayers with be with you!

All the Best, Stan

flyrod
Guide

Post by flyrod »

Paul and R&R,

There with be two Norton's attending this year's Bash! And Vern please make sure to bring plenty of gravlax, last year I almost didn't get a piece!

Best, Stan & Sue

chestatee
Master Guide

Post by chestatee »

Oh my. You'll be missed Jim. Always look forward to seeing you and your family. Will put the Ifert Family on my prayer list as well.

Doug

jvh
Master Guide

Post by jvh »

flyrod wrote:
04/01/24 15:30
Paul and R&R,

There with be two Norton's attending this year's Bash! And Vern please make sure to bring plenty of gravlax, last year I almost didn't get a piece!

Best, Stan & Sue
You have to be fast!
Vern

czkid
Administrator

Post by czkid »

Jim, We're just back from Easter with the nuns at Sewanee. Is Susan doing poorly? Basye will get a prayer chain organized for whoever is sick....lemme know.

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”