old member

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

gofish60!!

old member

Post by gofish60!! »

I've been an active member of this forum since Clark Davis started it 20plus years ago. I'm sure a good number of you remember me. For some reason, all of my posts, etc, have been deleted, and I come across as a new member, and as such, have been told by a seller, that I cannot buy from him for fear of a scam. I can understand his reluctance, but cannot think of why and where all my old posts, etc, went. Any help here?
gofish

Rio Grande King
Guide

Re: old member

Post by Rio Grande King »

No help on the reason for post deletes, but I will vouch for you as far as being a trustworthy buyer or seller.

Ken

dale
Master Guide

Post by dale »

PM Mark (Titelines), and I bet he can help to reincarnate the old gofish60. I see the old gofish60 in the member list.

It looks like the old gofish60 was last active in July, 2022, and your old posts (2451 of them) are still on the board.

Dale

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

None of your old posts disappeared. Your old gofish account is still there. Instead of asking for help accessing your old account, you created a new one. We no longer have the means to merge old accounts with new ones, so you need to make the choice of whether you want your old account back or you want to keep the new account.

Mark

gofish60!!

Post by gofish60!! »

Mark
I'd love to keep the old one. For whatever reason, I was unable to access it, so I did the new one. Unfortunately, I don't remember my old password, etc. I'd appreciate any assistance reactivating it.
Thanks
Ed

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

gofish60!! wrote:
12/22/23 09:25
Mark
I'd love to keep the old one. For whatever reason, I was unable to access it, so I did the new one. Unfortunately, I don't remember my old password, etc. I'd appreciate any assistance reactivating it.
Thanks
Ed
Ed,

viewtopic.php?t=63066

Mark

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

Same thing happened to me 10 years ago I couldn’t remember my password. An email to the mods solved the problem in a couple hours. Scammers frequently take user names very close to established members. It’s happening a couple times a month at a minimum. A member being leery of your username is a totally legitimate concern. So do yourself a favor and get back into your old account.

Return to “Members Corner”