Jack B. Schneider fly rods

Question and answers concerning makers and manufacturers of bamboo fly rods.

Moderator: Titelines

RL Troutman

Jack B. Schneider fly rods

Post by RL Troutman »

I have been doing extensive research on Jack B. Schneider, his life and work, with the objective of writing a book about him. I have started writing and went back through my research notes which included several posts from April and May of 2011 by "Roger B" and others. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more anecdotes from these Forum members about their time spent with Jack Schneider. Could they please find a way to contact me, or to speak with them? Otherwise, failing to hear back, I suppose I can simply quote their posts verbatim? Thanks, Richard Landerman, Salt Lake City

semi-hollow

Re: Jack B. Schneider fly rods

Post by semi-hollow »

Jim Adams would a great guy to discuss Jack Schneider with. Adams Angling.

I have a couple of his Rods and they are great casters. Still looking for an 8 footer.

I still think he has the best signature of any Rod maker, past or present.

Good luck on book.

NorthBranch
Master Guide

Re: Jack B. Schneider fly rods

Post by NorthBranch »

I have a couple of his rods and have owned a few others. His rods are pretty no frills rods with some being better than others. I sold off most but kept an 8’ and 8’6” one. The later was finished by someone other than Jack who bought a bunch of his signed blanks and finished them out with not the best guides. The 8’ rod is a particularly nice caster. Happy to chat offline if needed but there are others on this forum who know how rods far bette than me.

Return to “Information About Makers and Manufacturers”