Occupation & Location?

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

Past Member
Guide

Occupation & Location?

Post by Past Member »

Gentleman,

Some of us know each other, but the vast majority of us are seperated by too many miles and too much geography to get to know each other better.

So, what do y'all do for a living and where do you live?

I am an AutoCADD Tech in an architectural firm and live in a small town east of Dallas, where unfortunately, I work. All things being equal, I'd rather live in the Durango CO. area.

Peace,
Steve

czkid
Administrator

Occupation & Location?

Post by czkid »

I'm in International Liaison and Engineering and live in the Tennessee Valley... Huntsville, AL when I'm home. I'm an ex-USAF heli pilot and Air Commando.

I've finally come to the conclusion that this is where I will base my life after retirement and journey to other spots via Airstream with my bride.

Ralph
CZKid

Past Member
Guide

Occupation & Location?

Post by Past Member »

Ralph,

Grab Matt and come the Oklahoma. We can show you some prety water, bows and browns!

DrLogik
Bamboo Fanatic

Occupation & Location?

Post by DrLogik »

Work in the technlogy group for Wachovia Bank in Charlotte, NC. Home with my sick 2 1/2 year old today. Getting kind of tired of the rat race in Charlotte though. Too much of "Keeping up with the Jones's".

Thought about selling everything (well, everything except my bamboo and Fox Sterlingworth 20 ga) and living in a loin cloth on some remote South Pacific atol for the remainder of my life.!-- :) -->

nohackle
Guide

Occupation & Location?

Post by nohackle »

I'm a physician in Milwaukee WI.......hoping to suck up enough to Firehole so he'll leave me one of his places in Island Park in his will. Now thats livin'

Bill

gmflyfish
Bamboo Fanatic

Occupation & Location?

Post by gmflyfish »

I live in Montana on the weekends and between consulting gigs. I take my retirement a piece at a time and enjoy every hour on the trout streams in Southwest Montana. I do Lean Manufacturing consulting all over the US and the world. It allows me to live in the "last BEst Place." IMHO

Gregg

New2Bamboo
Guide

Occupation & Location?

Post by New2Bamboo »

Wow, this is some impressive list of personalities. I live in Portland Maine (at least until my wife can't take it anymore. We're both from NJ). I spend my days with my newborn son Zachary and my evenings studying for the Bar. I'm taking Maine and NJ and hope that I can pass Maine this February. I would like to make this my permanent home since there is no chance in hell that my wife will agree to move anywhere west of NY.

N2B

bamboo1963
Sport

Occupation & Location?

Post by bamboo1963 »

"Wow, this is some impressive list of personalities."

Ok, I will bring this right back down to earth then. !-- 8) -->
Electrician, north of Boston, MA
All things being equal, I'd rather be living in Stoneham, Maine. !-- ;) -->
Bob

Canewrap
Bamboo Fanatic

Occupation & Location?

Post by Canewrap »

I'm a Technical Editor/Writer working for one of the defense contractors, here in the Tennessee Valley (also in Huntsville, AL). Being a displaced Yankee, I do miss fishing Pennsylvania sometimes. Canenut, Matt says as how you're a little crazy (good kind tho') and misses fishing in Oklahoma with you (if you're the same Steve he's talked about, not quite sure who he's referring to sometimes). Says he never saw anybody nymph as well as you do. Maybe someday Ralph and I can take you up on your offer. Don't know about Ralph but, I'd love to give it a try.

Bill Walters
" “A goal without a plan is just a wish.”"

rbaileydav
Sport

Occupation & Location?

Post by rbaileydav »

Operations Director for a Trucking and Logisitics company in Atlanta GA. Which is a long way of saying " i'm a trucker"

Rbaileydav
Dick Davis

HERMES2069
Master Guide

Occupation & Location?

Post by HERMES2069 »

Hi,
I am an Architect / Engineer from Massachusetts.
I have been interested in bamboo fly rods since I was in
High School.1970. I met many, but remember few.
I have been a fly tyer all along time. I am now collecting, Making, and fishing, bamboo now.
-Phil

djo
Guide

Occupation & Location?

Post by djo »

I am a college professor (biologist) in Iowa. I have fly fished for 4 decades with most of the last decade using bamboo. I make a couple of bamboo rods each year for personal use or for friends. Most of my fishing time is spent in the driftless area of Iowa and Minnesota, although I try to get back to northern Idaho for at least a week each year and am forced to spend at least a few days for stripers in southern Maine in summer.

David

doloresboy
Master Guide

Occupation & Location?

Post by doloresboy »

I am a partner in a commercial real estate firm in Las Vegas. I spend most of my fishing time in SW Colorado. I hope to rebuild our old cabin outside of Telluride and summer up there upon retirement. Happy holidays to all!

Matt

uniphasian
Global Moderator

Occupation & Location?

Post by uniphasian »

Environmental enginnering in the rocky mountain states. I've been living in Denver since the late 80's. Moved from Atlanta.
- Uni

Rolf Jacobsen
Bamboo Fanatic

Occupation & Location?

Post by Rolf Jacobsen »

I?m a Manufacturers Rep, (Marketing talk for ?Peddler?), for process equipment. Kinda neat? I can be standing knee deep in s#@% in the morning and making HIV or chocolate in the afternoon. Primarily it?s free engineering for the clients, not much missionary work. I live about one hour north of Philadelphia. Hopefully someday Woodstock & I will retire to a little town called Benton, Pa. about 2-1/2 hours from here. Fishing Creek, our home water is located there.
Rolf
Brook Trout are God's way of saying everything is going to be all right.

lazydogs
Sport

Occupation & Location?

Post by lazydogs »

I'm in the employee benefits consulting business (translation- I sell health insurance and retirement plans) in Denver, CO. I came out here on vacation 12 years ago and never left.

fossil
Sport

Occupation & Location?

Post by fossil »

I just found this forum a couple of weeks ago. I took an early retirement (very early... at 48.5 yrs) just over 5 years ago and remained in Anchorage, even thought the company would have moved me back anywhere in the Lower 48. It's just too nice up here. I'm an oil and gas consultant and work pretty much worldwide but thankfully get to stay here in Alaska and work out of the basement about 95% of the time.
Dave

BruceHandley
Bamboo Fanatic

Occupation & Location?

Post by BruceHandley »

I,m retired from General Electric Co., went out at 55 with 33years in, and am now pushing 71 so it's been a while since I've had a real job. I live in upstate NY on the north end of Lake Champlain, 17 miles from Canada. I'll fish for anything that will eat a fly and that includes Carp and Bowfin, however Atlantic Salmon and Bonefish TOP the list.
I started working on cane rods in the early 70's and still spend a few hours a day in my shop working on rods or tying salmon flies. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

Greg Baehman

Occupation & Location?

Post by Greg Baehman »

I am a branch manager and a sales consultant for one of the largest privately held construction companies in America. Interests include bamboo fly rods, classic fly reels, flytying, side-by-side double shotguns, wooden decoys and wooden boats.

I live in Wausau, WI with my wife Kathy and our English Setter, Parker. We have two grown married daughters and one granddaughter.

fishnbanjo
The Canefather

Occupation & Location?

Post by fishnbanjo »

IM/IT for the US Navy, have several medical treatment facilities I'm responsible for in the northeast maintaining their network and medical programs, only 66 days left to qualify for full retirement. I live in the seacoast region of Maine and have a camp in the White Mountain National Forest area of western Maine.

Return to “Members Corner”