Welcome to the New Forum

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

Titelines
Administrator

Welcome to the New Forum

Post by Titelines »

We made the decision to cut over this morning to a new hosting service for our "Little Forum That Time Forgot." We've tried to keep as much of the look of the old forum as possible, though you may see some differences. We'll be working on getting everything up to speed over the next few days, but there will be some growing pains.

So, asking everyone to bear with us as we complete the transition, and get things back to normal (well, as normal as a move of this magnitude can be! :) )

Mark

bulldog1935
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Welcome to the New Forum

Post by bulldog1935 »

you prolly expect us to behave.

I think it's fantastic you've been able to capture the archives of this forum and move them to a different server. What we have here is too good to lose, and I think there is a legitimate fear that yuku will go under - it would be terrible to lose everything that has been archived here.
We'll try to behave.
Keep up the good work.

wiscoy
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by wiscoy »

Thanks Mark

Looks good so far

Rick
"It is better to tie one good fly in an hour than a dozen that would only be taken by a trout with a sense of humor"
Uncle Bill

jgestar
Sport

Post by jgestar »

Welcome to a forum without Yuku. I know you will like it!

Tom

tightlinepatrick
Sport

Post by tightlinepatrick »

As a relatively new Forum member, I'm certainly glad this great resource is continuing. I've become quite reliant on the valuable information here along with the willingness of seasoned bamboo veterans to share what has taken years to master. Thanks for all the hard work required for this conversion.

Patrick

Eric Peper
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Eric Peper »

Looks good, but . . . what has happened to our stored PMs? My "Inbox" shows empty, but I had a bunch of old messages stored.

Thanks, Eric

BlackHillsBill
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BlackHillsBill »

I like the fonts and format a lot. Maybe all the trunks
haven't been shipped yet. With Eric, I miss some old
sent PMs I kept in storage and a bunch of stuff on my
profile page. But accommodation is my middle name.
Mom called me Ac, except during WW2 when she called
me Ack-Ack. Thanks for your help, Mark. Not to quibble,
but I joined on 10/26/03 and racked up 4345 posts, some
of them redundant I realize.

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Anything that was profile related we were unable to move since we had no access to the profiles database. That's a Yuku exclusive thing, and unfortunately, we were unable to bring that stuff over. That includes PM's, post count, and a few other things that only you as a user having access to your account could get to.

Mark

Ken M 44
Administrator

Post by Ken M 44 »

Hey Bill - your reputation came with you :-*

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

bulldog1935 wrote:you prolly expect us to behave.

I think it's fantastic you've been able to capture the archives of this forum and move them to a different server. What we have here is too good to lose, and I think there is a legitimate fear that yuku will go under - it would be terrible to lose everything that has been archived here.
We'll try to behave.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks Ron, there was a whole bunch of work going on behind the scenes and we really tried to make this as painless as we could, knowing that there were and are probably going to be some glitches here and there.

Mark

wiscoy
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by wiscoy »

Titelines wrote: That includes PM's, post count, and a few other things that only you as a user having access to your account could get to.

Mark
Either the post counts showed up or our "hero" members have been keying like heck today. :D
"It is better to tie one good fly in an hour than a dozen that would only be taken by a trout with a sense of humor"
Uncle Bill

Mataura mayfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Mataura mayfly »

There are going to be some very tired "square eyed" admin staff over the next few days no doubt.
But a very big thanks to all those involved in shifing and sorting a huge amount of information so that we users do not notice a whole lot of change.

I tip my hat to all those involved, but please remember the important family time that is just around the corner..... do not work too hard on our behalf and enjoy that time with your family and friends...... we will all be here when you get back!

Cheers
Jeff.

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

wiscoy wrote:
Titelines wrote: That includes PM's, post count, and a few other things that only you as a user having access to your account could get to.

Mark
Either the post counts showed up or our "hero" members have been keying like heck today. :D
Knowing BHB's Prolificness (TM) with the keyboard, I'm not surprised. :D

Mark

Sparquero
Master Guide

Post by Sparquero »

I've noticed a response to a posting in the Classifieds, will you revert to the inability to post responses in Classifieds when the move is completed?

jgestar
Sport

Post by jgestar »

Sparquero wrote:I've noticed a response to a posting in the Classifieds, will you revert to the inability to post responses in Classifieds when the move is completed?
That is doable. I'll contact the admins with the details. Give them a little time to catch their breath. They are working really hard behind the scenes.

Tom

BlackHillsBill
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BlackHillsBill »

Ken M 44 wrote:Hey Bill - your reputation came with you :-*
That's true, Sir Kenneth Ken. But remember my
New Year's resolution is to remain both civil and
humble about it.

Ken M 44
Administrator

Post by Ken M 44 »

Yup - and the New Year is not even here yet.
Glad the change over did not interfere with your premature carriage returning though ;)

BTW you can still access your pm's through the old yuku log in but be quick to copy out what you need, I am not sure how long there will be access.

DrakeBob
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by DrakeBob »

Yeah, Bill, a lot of my posts and join date got blown up too but I've managed to retain enough to maintain my status as the forum hero. Wait... you're a hero too?!?

Kenneth
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Kenneth »

Thanks for all the good work, guys! As an I.T. Administrator I know how much work is involved in moving databases and setting them all up again without losing anything, and creating a user interface that's not so radically different that people get lost -- I like how you've retained the soothing earth colors and most of the look of Clark's, and I really appreciate the fact that pages now open faster.

Several things I noticed about the behavior of the new forum:

- Upon submitting a post, I am sent back to the forum, not to the thread itself. I then have to re-click the thread to go back to it. Is there any way to get back the old behavior where submission of a post returned you to the bottom (or top, depending how you've set up your preferences) of the thread?

- I also use the mouse hover over a thread title before opening it, just to quickly get the gist of a particular topic. That's not happening right now. Any chance that this too can be reinstated?

No hurries guys, like I said, thanks much for all the work you do, and I look forward to enjoying the new Clark's.

Merry Christmas,
Kenneth

BlackHillsBill
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BlackHillsBill »

Mark[/quote]

Either the post counts showed up or our "hero" members have been keying like heck today. :D[/quote]

Knowing BHB's Prolificness (TM) with the keyboard, I'm not surprised. :D

Mark[/quote]

Aw, Mark, you're just saying these things because the Yankees
didn't get Nick Punto--the Sawx did. Jeter could have used
some help. But Nick likes lifting underdogs--the Twins, the
Cardinals, the Red Sox. If you could just concede the NYY
are exceptionally well qualified as underdogs, I might become
less prolix.

I really relish this opportunity you've given me to start over.
It's invigorating, like being 18 again, and a hero into the
bargain. Bob and I are wondering if there will be some sort
of campaign ribbon which come with that. Thanks!
Last edited by BlackHillsBill on 12/20/11 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Technical Support”