Heddon De Luxe #65

History of the Heddon Rod Co. Feel free to discuss Heddon Rods here.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

Ken M 44
Administrator

Heddon De Luxe #65

Post by Ken M 44 »

Here is a rod that is missing from the above list - produced only in 1932 with the familiar Circassian walnut handle as with the De Luxe 60 series it was catalogued as being available in 8', 8'6", 9' and 9'6" - 8' and 8'6" in Trout weight only, the 9' came in Trout, Bass and Extra heavy and the 9'6" in Trout and Extra Heavy.
This particular rod is a 9'6" - I think in the Trout weight - male mid ferrule is 18/64" and tip male ferrule is 12/64"
The rod was beautifully restored for me by Mike & Kathy at South Creek Ltd.

By the way if anyone has a 39" Heddon 3/2 brownish velvet type bag that would be correct for this rod I would be delighted to hear from you.

Last edited by Anonymous on 12/02/10 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

fishnbanjo
The Canefather

Heddon De Luxe #65

Post by fishnbanjo »

Damn! Beauty.............

Ken M 44
Administrator

Heddon De Luxe #65

Post by Ken M 44 »

Thanks Banjo - it is a pretty thing, I do have a penchant for the Heddon rods with solid handles, not necessarily as practical but so pretty to look at - difficult to get good pictures though, the depth of shine makes for lots of reflections / glare.
It came like some of your 'finds' - incorrect / incomplete ebay description and in a Cross hooded bag so sensible money that allowed for the restoration.

fishnbanjo
The Canefather

Heddon De Luxe #65

Post by fishnbanjo »

Actually, I might have that brownish velvet bag Ken, I got it with a Dickerson 3 pc rod and when Streamer saw it he called it the Chicago Bordello Bag. I'll get a photo up in a day or so..........

Return to “James Heddon & Sons Rods”