A Touradif rod

This board is for discussing the collecting of bamboo fly rods, both classic and modern. Remember that respect and civility is the goal of this board.

Moderator: TheMontyMan

Kave
Guide

Re: A Touradif rod

Post by Kave »

Holy smokes! Just finished reading every post in this 8 page novella. I feel like I just binge watched an entire season of Game Of Thrones but without the nudity because the old photobucket images are no longer available.

I’m writing this to just send a huge “thank you” to ALL its contributors and especially Joel (2dabacking) for going deep, sharing his research and expressing his theories. This one will definitely go down as one of the “classics” on the Classic Fly Rod Forum.

Bugtussel
Guide

Post by Bugtussel »

I'm going to have to read through all this couple time for a A&F Divine BIC Fairy I acquired. I hope between this thread, Sinclair's book, and the web I can figure out what I have here.

Thank you everyone.

Bamboocollector#1
Master Guide

Post by Bamboocollector#1 »

What length Fairy is it? Nice looking rod.
Previously known as bamboocollector11

Bugtussel
Guide

Post by Bugtussel »

Bamboocollector#1 wrote:
04/05/23 22:55
Thanks it is kinda nice and cool. 7'6". Needs a little TLC but I think it'll will clean up enough and believe I can find guides and tiptop. Just not sure which stripper to look for. I understand ones with English guides had agate stripper and ones without English guides had regular metal stripper. But I'm still trying to read through a lot to see what I have.

Woodlakejag
Master Guide

Post by Woodlakejag »

Bugtussel wrote:
04/06/23 07:38
Bamboocollector#1 wrote:
04/05/23 22:55
Thanks it is kinda nice and cool. 7'6". Needs a little TLC but I think it'll will clean up enough and believe I can find guides and tiptop. Just not sure which stripper to look for. I understand ones with English guides had agate stripper and ones without English guides had regular metal stripper. But I'm still trying to read through a lot to see what I have.
My 7’6” Divine Fairy has an English twist snake for a stripper.
Facebook - Bamboo Fly Rod Identification and Value
Instagram - vintagebambooflyrods

Return to “Collecting Bamboo Fly Rods”