P.O.ed at the P.O.

This board is for discussing the collecting of bamboo fly rods, both classic and modern. Remember that respect and civility is the goal of this board.

Moderator: TheMontyMan

rsagebrush
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: P.O.ed at the P.O.

Post by rsagebrush »

This year the USPS has delivered several crushed boxes, lost 1 fly rod, never to be located, it's sad to see how far they have fallen in a few short years. And of course they now charge a whole lot of money to accomplish this.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

The OP is probably still waiting for a settlement.

Pterrano
Sport

Post by Pterrano »

Recently had USPS decide, at the destination, that the address didn't exist and they wouldn't deliver. Wouldn't let the recipient pick it up at the post office, insisted on returning to me on the other side of the country. Turns out the address was correct, but they wanted to try and charge me to send it again! Almost a month later the rod was delivered to its intended address like it should have been the first time.

steeliefool
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by steeliefool »

Shipped over a dozen rods lately, USPS Priority in the triangle tubes with no problems at all and all arrived in three days! Nobody gets it perfect every time.
Still the best way to go for me.

quashnet
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by quashnet »

As always, I'm very happy with USPS which in recent months has successfully sent me, in four separate packages, two unique, one-of-a-kind Paul Young rods, a very rare Paul Young rod model, and Paul Young's personal Hardy St. George reel. Pack well and at minimum require a signature. For the nearest thing to absolute certainty, use USPS Registered Insured.
Please visit and bookmark the Paul H. Young Rod Database
Other rod databases: Dickerson , Orvis , Powell

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

Steelie, Quash, get with the program! This is one of those "complain about the USPS" threads which are so popular here. This one started in 2007 and is still going, unlike some of the folks who posted in it. No positive comments allowed! I think there's a forum rule about it somewhere.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Short Tip wrote:
11/30/22 20:13
This one started in 2007 and is still going, unlike some of the folks who posted in it.
This thread is on its fourth US president.

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

Pterrano wrote:
11/30/22 16:31
Recently had USPS decide, at the destination, that the address didn't exist and they wouldn't deliver. Wouldn't let the recipient pick it up at the post office, insisted on returning to me on the other side of the country. Turns out the address was correct, but they wanted to try and charge me to send it again! Almost a month later the rod was delivered to its intended address like it should have been the first time.
This is almost criminal behaviour....

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

So far USPS, in combination with our postal service, has delivered perfectly.
Covid resulted in much longer international delivery time and recently (post-Covid?) the delivery times have become even longer seems.

Only one problem in the 25 years of (getting) shipping rods & reels so far:
I shipped a graphite rod (NOS Sage 490-4 LL) to the late Gary Siemer, to his PO Box and it was lost. I had a bad feeling to ship to a PO Box when I was arranging the shipping. I'll never ship to a PO Box again obviously...

NEKexpat
Guide

Post by NEKexpat »

I'm glad the tube/rod stayed in the box, but not a happy sight

Return to “Collecting Bamboo Fly Rods”