Signature photo

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

Upstream
Sport

Signature photo

Post by Upstream »

Would be gratuful to any way of adding one.

Upstream

uniphasian
Global Moderator

Signature photo

Post by uniphasian »

If you want to add a small photo under your member name on the left side of the screen (like the image underneath my name to the left), that's called an "Personal Icon" (or avatar). A personal icon is a 10x10 pixel image and will be seen next to your user name in any post you make. Heres how do do that:

Go into "My Control Center"
then into "Account Preferences"
select " Use Personal Icon URL"
and type in the URL for your 10x10

If you really do want to add a signature photo, those show up at the end of every post you make as part of a custom signature. Here's how:

Go into "My Control Center"
then into "Account Preferences"
and choose "Use Custom Signature" with HTML
then choose "Launch Tool" and it will guide you through adding a photo.

Personally, I find signature photos annoying and would rather see Personal Icons used instead. I think signature photos detract from the substance of your post and tend to break up the flow of the conversation as you scroll throught the posts.
- Uni

Upstream
Sport

Signature photo

Post by Upstream »

A personal icon was what i meant, and now it is in place. Thank you kindly for your help.

Upstream

Return to “Technical Support”