Posting pictures from Flickr

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

BGreer
Master Guide

Re: Posting pictures from Flickr

Post by BGreer »

I just used Flickr today to successfully post pictures on a bulletin board similar to this.

I don't use the CTRL C to copy. I left click on the link for the BBCode to highlight it, then I right click and choose "Copy".

Then on the forum where I want to paste that link, I right click and choose "Paste".

It worked for me this morning.

And it worked just now.

Brian

barnesspecial6
Master Guide

Post by barnesspecial6 »

Thank you Brian for the quick response and the tips, I wish I had the same results, when BBcode is highlighted and I right click, these are the options that appear on my monitor, back, forward, reload, save as, print, cast, translate to English, view page source, and inspect, all are highlighted except for forward, now I played around trying different steps, I was able to send a link to the forum, the drawback is if you click on the link you can view all sorts of photos I have downloaded to flickr, on a positive note there aren't any photos that you wouldn't want your Mom to see. Thank you, Jerzy

barnesspecial6
Master Guide

Post by barnesspecial6 »

ImageUntitled by jerzy pawlowski, on Flickr Got it!!!

dave49
Guide

Post by dave49 »

In 2018, Flickr was bought by Smugmug. Before the sale, Flickr allowed storage of 1 GB without fees. Smugmug changed the policy to 1000 photos max without fee. While my storage was less than 1 GB, it did amount to about 1800 photos. So I upgraded to "Pro" status at $35/year.
This year, the new invoice was $50.
But what bothers me about Flickr/Smugmug is a letter they recently sent. It explained that Flickr had been losing money before the sale, and that the new policy has reduced the loss. But it made clear the intention to have a profitable business (can't blame them) and made me uneasy that the service could shut down entirely.
I have gone through my posts on this forum and changed the photo references to a different service. Have not yet decided what to do with my blog, which has many more photos.

Return to “Technical Support”