Ari Hart reels- Looking for a brief but thorough history

The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history.

Moderator: Ken M 44

ExclusiveReels

Post by ExclusiveReels »

i assure you both if I am wrong, I have no problem setting the record straight. I will have discussions with our legal council in the Netherlands his week and report back.

ExclusiveReels

Post by ExclusiveReels »

Hello Brian,

I haven't figured out how to post images. Can you please send me an email and I will be more than happy to send some pics. info@exclusivereels.com

ExclusiveReels

Post by ExclusiveReels »

ReelDane,

I have spoken to our lawyers and been informed about the actual contract details. I was ill informed and stand corrected. The reels in question, the old designs for the Rio, Traun, Remco, Taupo are indeed not our trademarks. All the other reels past and present do belong to us including the name Ari 't Hart International. The use of the name Remco is not protected and can be used by us, just not the old reel design. Ari 't Hart himself works for us and we do not plan on infringing on our rights by producing the old reels discussed earlier. I apologise for the confusion and hope we can continue chatting about Ari's reels in a positive light, regardless of models. Also, should anyone have a question for Ari, feel free to contact us as he has expressed his desire to personally answer questions.

Roger

enigma309
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by enigma309 »

"The reels on display are some of the prototypes we have, they are all number 1s. The reel seat is the Astrid seat with one of our trademarks, the Ari 't Hart international logo used when Ari makes reels."

Reeldane
Master Guide

Post by Reeldane »

ExclusiveReels wrote:ReelDane,

I have spoken to our lawyers and been informed about the actual contract details. I was ill informed and stand corrected. The reels in question, the old designs for the Rio, Traun, Remco, Taupo are indeed not our trademarks. All the other reels past and present do belong to us including the name Ari 't Hart International. The use of the name Remco is not protected and can be used by us, just not the old reel design. Ari 't Hart himself works for us and we do not plan on infringing on our rights by producing the old reels discussed earlier. I apologise for the confusion and hope we can continue chatting about Ari's reels in a positive light, regardless of models. Also, should anyone have a question for Ari, feel free to contact us as he has expressed his desire to personally answer questions.

Roger
Hello Roger
Opology accepted
Good luck with your project
Reeldane

bow river
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bow river »

Holly smokin batman. I'm not a ari reel fan myself. But then shelves loaded with those reels sure looks nice
Wonderfull pictures roger. Glad to see you gentleman got it figured out at last. Someday roger I'm coming by to have a peek at all your reels as your only 10 mins away
Come book a fishing trip with me on Canada's best trout river , the world famous Bow River , also other fine mountain rivers , I collect old Hardys , Dingleys, Youngs , also buy sell & trade

ExclusiveReels

Post by ExclusiveReels »

you are more than welcome to come by!

enigma309
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by enigma309 »

bow river wrote:Someday roger I'm coming by to have a peek at all your reels as your only 10 mins away
. . . for Christmas I'd like a small reel with an offset foot . . . RH preferred . . but hey?

Brian Image

ExclusiveReels

Post by ExclusiveReels »

Christmas specials are just around the corner!

tarponfisher

Post by tarponfisher »

What an incredible collection. Thanks for posting the pictures!!! I am jelaous! Having purchased a couple of the third generation Ari t'Hart reels from Exclusive Reels, I must say the reels were indeed worth it - and the gentlemen at this company were truly a pleasure to deal with.

dryfly purist

Post by dryfly purist »

Norwayboo wrote:
Norwayboo wrote:I actually believe Reeldane are right in these matters. The Remco and F-series productionrights, and possible the right to the name as well, are on Torkild Damms hands. When that is said, I never heard Ari refer to this new reel as a Remco, but only that it was somewhat influenced by the Remcos design.
I also had the pleasure to see Ari T. Hart in Trysil - Norway when he showed us the new 50th anniversary reel. Not once did he refer to it as a remco but only as a 50th anniversary reel to mark his 50 years as a reel maker. He might have said that it was influenced by the remco but i never acctually heard it. I was kind of surprised to see the "remco" name show up when i first saw this reel on net page a few days ago. For me it does not matter if the reel in question is a remco or not, i love it anyway :-)..... The strange thing was that when we were in Trysil Ari himself said that it only would be made 20 reels of this anniversary reel and now there is suddenly 40 reels made. Strange.....what can be the reason??? Well, nevertheless i loved this anniversary reel not to mention all the other amazing and innovative reels Ari showed us.......... who knows maybe one day my aubergine remco and my Ari ll kan be joined by a 50th anniversary reel :-) Terje!

ExclusiveReels

Post by ExclusiveReels »

Well, here they are all 40 of them, handmade and signed by Ari. All I can say is, Ari chose to make 40 instead of 20. As it stands 31 are sold already, which is truly amazing considering it has only been out for two weeks! I don't even own one and they are pretty awesome!!!!! Whoever bought one, you did the right thing.

Stefan
Guide

Post by Stefan »

Ari Hart was at the Eindhoven tackle fair this weekend, signing copies of his book and calender.

I met him and he is a really nice guy, unfortunately I did not have my two copies of his book with so did not get them signed.

There were a few great examples of his reels being sold by various collectors and a very rare early model sold for 200 euros about one third of its true value.

dryfly purist

Post by dryfly purist »

Finally it arrived :-)
I`ve been looking forward to this for a long time...... to be precise since i saw this reel in Trysil Norway when Ari T. Hart was there and told us all about his reels.
I just could not get i out of my head and now it`s mine :-)

Because of the indoor photo the colors could be a bit more accurate, but it`s good enough for me :-)

Terje!

ExclusiveReels

Post by ExclusiveReels »

Hello All, in the past few months we have gotten quite a few old ATH reels in for repair with issues with the clicker assembly. To accommodate answering these questions, we offer two solutions, you can always call or email us or we have started a fan page on face book for the sole purpose of sharing photos and stories about their experiences with their reels. It is very difficult for us to stay on top of the many blogs and see if we can help people with making sure they have the best fishing experiences of their lives. To make sure we do not offend anyone, we do not market or sell our products there. The cost of reel repairs often are far higher than really the simple solutions to fixing the reels. Let us know how we can help you and we will do anything in our ability to be of assistance.

dryfly purist

Post by dryfly purist »

My new ari t hart F-2 Bighorn green/champagne arrived today, and i absolutely love itImage
Here are some pictures of the F-2 Bighorn
John Terje Refsahl

meltonden

Post by meltonden »

Hi, I bought this spare spool a few years ago,I was hoping it may fit my F2 Rio Orbigo, It does'nt. 2 1/4 inch Dia 1 inch wide. Any Ideas? I seem to remember a fly tying supplier and Fly fisherman in England (Spartan Tackle ) Having something to do with Ari! Maybe when he changed over to Denmark?? Steve Parton maybe?? Great reels love the Remco.

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

It's a spare spool for the F1 Traun

hookjaw23
Guide

Post by hookjaw23 »

dryfly purist,

nice looking reel... i have a 50th anniversary as well... haven't had the heart to fish it yet but maybe someday...

as for the Bighorn... i love the coloring... much like the 50th... never noticed on the website that there were color options for these reels... i do have one question... how is the spool released? it doesn't seen to have a latch or, like the Remco and 50th Ann. reels, an expanding "O" ring...

-matt

Norwayboo
Guide

Post by Norwayboo »

meltonden wrote:Image
Hi, I bought this spare spool a few years ago,I was hoping it may fit my F2 Rio Orbigo, It does'nt. 2 1/4 inch Dia 1 inch wide. Any Ideas? I seem to remember a fly tying supplier and Fly fisherman in England (Spartan Tackle ) Having something to do with Ari! Maybe when he changed over to Denmark?? Steve Parton maybe?? Great reels love the Remco.

Yes, this is most definitely a F1 spool.

Return to “Classic Reels”