First Hardy Perfect

A place to discuss those classic and vintage fly reels, classics include modern variations of those of vintage. Please add your photos, stories or just join in conversation about your reels.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

glassfly1
Guide

First Hardy Perfect

Post by glassfly1 »

I've always wanted one of these, owing to their good looks and pedigree. I recently bought one and am tickled by its looks. I will pair it with my 6'9 4-weight Wes Cooper and my 7'6 Grouse Series Thramer. I think it's a beautiful match for small-stream fishing.

Follow my adventures in bamboo and fiberglass flyrodding at sandiegoflyfish.com.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: First Hardy Perfect

Post by SpringCreek »

Congratulations on a nice first Hardy Perfect. Don't know if you planned it but it is one of the earliest MK II check Perfects that were made, probably from around 1921 or so. It has the ernoid handle and the foot is held with a single rivet. Nice way to start out.

Best of luck.

Jim
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

bulldog1935
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bulldog1935 »

the erinoid handle dates the reel specifically to 1924-5, the only two years Hardy used the material.

N.Z.TROUT
Guide

Post by N.Z.TROUT »

Either way,that reel is stunning!The patina set's this reel apart from all the other's,that's the look i love.You should be very Happy,and i'am Happy for you!It's a Rare Gem.
I am haunted by water's.
Norman Maclean

salmonfly
Guide

Post by salmonfly »

Nice find, I have a 3 5/8 that I just love, thanks for sharing.
**** I ‘LL BE BACK IN 5, GONE FISHING, YOU JUST KEEP READING THIS EVERY 5 MINUTE !! ****

Return to “Classic Fly Reels”