Hello!

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

tateharmann

Hello!

Post by tateharmann »

After about a decade without even buying a fishing license, research on bamboo rods led me here. Watching a documentary called "Trout Grass" peaked my interest and I recalled my South Bend Bamboo rod that I never fished (kept it more for deco and nostalgia. ) Anyways, that rod was stolen from me a few years back, so I'm looking for another.

When I used to fish, I fished all graphite (sage and diamondback). Growing up in central Wisconsin I tossed a fair amount of loops on some great little streams there. I would also often make trips down to the driftless area fishing those gorgeous little coulee streams. I have a favorite one that was actually a branch of a branch, and it was so secluded and full of huge browns.... the stuff you dream of. It was called the..

Haha

Anyway, taking the sport back up now and living in Minnesota, I'm vowing to fish pure split cane and learn how to repair and restore it. Im in the market for a SB 359 if anyone wants to sell me one ;)

Cheers,
Tate

pecosjuan
Guide

Re: Hello!

Post by pecosjuan »

Welcome Tate !!

Pecos

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

tateharmann--Welcome to the forum. Cheers. Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

tateharmann

Post by tateharmann »

Thank you!

GrayHackleRods
Master Guide

Post by GrayHackleRods »

Welcome, glad to have you.
Regards,
Lee
http://www.grayhacklerods.net
lee@grayhacklerods.net
Monument, CO
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm.
Patrick F. McManus

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Welcome.

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

Welcome Tate!

tateharmann

Post by tateharmann »

Thanks y'all haha!

solo8232000
Guide

Post by solo8232000 »

Welcome Tate!!! I love those SB 359s..290s....323s..I have several.PM me and we can chat.

Nathan

solo8232000
Guide

Post by solo8232000 »

My favorite modernized custom SB 290..by my friend Ed Beck!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

sgallas
Master Guide

Post by sgallas »

Welcome Tate

teter
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by teter »

Welcome to the board. I'm sure you will be able to find a very nice 359.

Peales
Master Guide

Post by Peales »

Welcome Tate,
What part of the state are you living in? Lots of people here who fish with bamboo rods.
-P

kconway
Guide

Post by kconway »

Welcome from California!

tateharmann

Post by tateharmann »

solo8232000 wrote:My favorite modernized custom SB 290..by my friend Ed Beck!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Beauty!

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

Yep, the rod is a beauty and even has MN Viking colors for ya'. Keep an eye on the Classifieds and SBs show up quite often. Didn't say where in MN you live but I lived up in Finland for years and the streams inland were totally different than the Driftless Region but great fishing for Brookies primarily and some browns and bows. The streams below the first barrier into Lake Superior are open year around and have great runs of fish from the big lake for a good part of the spring and fall.

'Course when I ended up in the Twin Cities for the last 20 years before retiring I did mostly bass fishing there and kind of got away from trout and fly rods unfortunately but am now into bamboo and fly tying in retirement.

tateharmann

Post by tateharmann »

bassman wrote:
05/23/18 05:38
Yep, the rod is a beauty and even has MN Viking colors for ya'. Keep an eye on the Classifieds and SBs show up quite often. Didn't say where in MN you live but I lived up in Finland for years and the streams inland were totally different than the Driftless Region but great fishing for Brookies primarily and some browns and bows. The streams below the first barrier into Lake Superior are open year around and have great runs of fish from the big lake for a good part of the spring and fall.

'Course when I ended up in the Twin Cities for the last 20 years before retiring I did mostly bass fishing there and kind of got away from trout and fly rods unfortunately but am now into bamboo and fly tying in retirement.
Ah, I must have missed this when you originally posted it, sorry! We just moved to the southern metro area of Minneapolis and St. Paul 👍

I finally got myself an SB 359-9 in excellent condition - I'm excited to give it a try!

Return to “Members Corner”